Thursday, 5 December 2013

7 + 21 years later...

It's hard to imagine that this was us... in 1987.




... and then in 1989... Aaron's 18th birthday party... Me about to finish year 12 exams... we'd already been together 4 years by this stage.  
My childhood sweetheart and literally the boy next door... 




... and then in 1992... Getting married at long last.

We did everything back to front... had a baby, then bought a house, then went on a honeymoon, then got married. I finally got my engagement ring a few years ago... Time he took me on a date I think. ;)







We've been together 28 of our 42 years... 

Some one asked me recently did I think I had found "your one"... I thought about it for a moment or two... I wanted to contemplate it properly, give it the consideration it demanded... and I was happy to say, with confidence, sincerity and absolute certainty that,  "Yes. I definitely found my one".  It might not have always been pretty but I know that you are my one darling husband and I cannot ever imagine not having you in my life.

Happy 21st Wedding Anniversary my love... And here's to our very own fairy tale... Complete with plot twists, dragons, monsters and villains. 

Love you forever and for always.




No comments: