Friday, 9 March 2012

Why hello there...

My poor sadly neglected blog.  Life seems to have been doubly hectic lately...  My husband's 40th Birthday, end of school, Christmas, New Years, two summer holiday trips away, my 40th birthday, husband and big boy  back to work,  kids back to school, sick kids and hospital visits and more sick kids, big boy's 20th birthday (holy shitballs... my kid isn't even a teenager anymore!!!) and little girl's 7th birthday... half way through Term 1 already and a quick trip to Sydney to treat my daughters to a "girls only" weekend and see the Harry Potter Exhibition.

No wonder I am so fucking tired!

I think I was right when I predicted the next few years of my life were going to be the toughest.  The two little boys are starting speech therapy... I know where we are heading... but 4 month's wait to see a pediatrician to pay him a fortune to tell him everything I have studied and observed and have him merely confirm what I already know seems a bit of an insult.  I do all the work... he gets paid the big bucks.  Where's the logic (or justice) in that?

I haven't been blogging because I haven't been scrapping... and I don't really have anything to share.

I hung up my Twiddley Angel wings and resigned from my DT position with Twiddleybitz because of my total lack of mojo and inability to get my a into g and meet a deadline.  I LOVE this product and you couldn't hope to work for a more wonderful couple or with a more fabulous group of creative chicks.  I was bummed about it but I know it was the right thing to do.  Thank you so much to Mr & Mrs Twiddleybitz for the wonderful opportunity to work with the best chipboard on the market.  Thank you to all the other DT girls who are a never ending fountain of inspiration, support and fun.  Don't worry... I won't be going too far... I still have a bit of Twiddley goodness to play with here... and I promise not to do a Madison Lee on you... though I WISH I looked that hot in a bikini. ;)

I was thrilled that The Irrepressible Tiff Sawyer asked me to join in with This One's A Winner...  its a blog for the purpose of sharing your favourite project for the month.  I am thinking (and hoping) it will be just the thing to let me get back into scrapping... just for me... no pressure...  just for fun.  I hope you will pop over and see all the amazing work the girls have shared...  then play along and show us what you have been up to this month.

This was my favourite project from LAST month... It was a canvas I started in Sherry Mendoza's class at Camp Mojo... was it REALLY almost a year ago already?  Anyway, I of course couldn't leave it alone and while I loved the teal and orange tones Sherry's sample had I wanted it to match my black and white home decor and HAD to add Twiddleybitz to it and Anita Tillman's shopping bag roses (featured in SBM a few months back) too... and the little hot air balloon that Lisa Oxley gave me... and well yeah...  it sort of took on a life of it's own but I love how it turned out.


Well better get back to the grindstone... hope you and yours are well and enjoying 2012 so far.  Thanks for stopping by...

1 comment:

Donna said...

what an amazing page - love it!