Sunday, 6 November 2011

Welcome to my blog on the Twiddleybitz hop...

Hi there... thanks for stopping by... so glad you have made it this far.  Our apologies for all the delays.  Blogger hasn't been playing nice. :/  There's a nice blogger... please publish my post. ;)

How are you enjoying the hop apart from the hassles?  I for one am totally blown away by all the amazing talent that we have seen so far... in fact... so much so I think I am having a bit of a confidence crises... especially having to follow Karen McLauchlan. ;)

Just to get us started... and not to be outdone by the other DT girls who think those pretty boys are "eye candy"...  What about THESE lookers???  I give to you your TWIDDLEY ANGELS (well some of them plus a retired one at least!) ;)


Now, just as I promised, I am going to share my not so proudest of moments first (surely it can only get better from here right?).  Have you ever started a LO that looked just fabulous in your head but that just would NOT co-operate and translate onto the page.  I think I have my ambitions mixed up with my abilities and reality of late!!!  I have always been a bit of a "more is more" type of girl... but this next LO was definitely one I should have left well enough alone on!!!!  I am still going to show it to you... because I am also a "wear your heart on your sleeve and air your dirty laundry in public" sort of girl too! LOL ;)  Anyway, it does have a few techniques on it that I wanted to share... and I hope you will give them a try and post you creations in the gallery at the ning.

You may or may not know by now what a cheap skate Twiddler I am... I used my Twiddleybitz pieces as a mask with Crafty Notions Black Tulip spray on this piece of white cardstock BEFORE I used them on another project  (if you scroll right down to the bottom of THIS POST you can see the other project I used the actual Twiddleybitz pieces on) .  I just had a think about what else they could be used for and positioned them on my background for another project when I sprayed them.

I also used TWO Tweeny Bitz Cogs as a temporary stamp.  I just used double sided tape and attached them to a small acrylic block and dipped them in paint... here's where I got a bit carried away... and wrecked it... but I digress... it's all about the technique... "EMBRACE IMPERFECTION," Tim Holtz says... "excuse my crap," I whisper. LOL ;) I tried the stamping technique using the word Baby too.



The Twiddleybitz had become rather soggy at this point... so in true stingey fashion I also peeled the pieces (very carefully) apart so as to make two for the price of one...  you have to be VERY gentle and patient.  I used an awl to prise the layers apart.  So there is actually only three Tweeny Bitz Cogs used on this whole page plus three word titles.



By this stage I hated the LO so much anyway that I thought, "why not go for broke" and I added more watered down paint (the turquoise) by flicking with a toothbrush (way messy...  note to self: don't be wearing a white singlet at this point)... and even more Crafty Notions "Jaffalicious" Colour Spray.  The background would probably be ok for another project... just not this photo... too many different things going on (trying to be whimsical / cutesy with the twine and hearts and grungy all on one LO just isn't doing it for me!) and it's too all over the place. I think it looks TOTALLY crap and to be totally honest I will probably pull it all apart and redo it... but yeah, the thought was there and it is SUPPOSED to be the thought that counts isn't it? ;)


Anyway, I hope you had a laugh and learned something from my mistakes experimentation!!! ;) Why not have a go using your Twiddleybitz in some new ways... masking, stamping and then splitting into layers... now THERE'S some bang for your Twiddley buck... but ssssssssssssshhhhh don't tell Mr Twiddley... he already thinks I am a scrooge! ;)

Here's another one I did using the new Birds on Tree Trunk (November release).  I love this photo of my biggest boy.  It's hard to believe he is fast becoming a man. I also adore this piece of Twiddleybitz.. my latest favourite... but again it just didn't turn out quite like I had hoped.  It's ok... just not as spectacular as I had imagined in my head!  My imagination knows no bounds... shame my fingers can't keep up the pace.  Oh and just for the record I KNOW I won't be able to leave this one alone either... I have a couple of ideas to "fix it" already!!!!  ;)  I used Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Embossing Powder for this piece.  I used some Twiddley Alpha Square letters and stickers to complete the title.


OK here is one I really DO love... I adore this photo of my darling husband and our girls... and I really like how it turned out.  Simple is my new look I think.  I am still in love with everything Steampunk. ;)


Another really simple and quick one of my biggest girl...  I can't get enough of these Nero Wrought Iron Filligree pieces and I have used them on LOTS of LOs as that little finishing touch. There are also some $2 shop, cheap arse, contraband letters on this one... sssssssssssssssshhhhhhh don't tell on me ok!!! ;)  I need MORE alphas pretty please Mrs Twiddley!!! ;) 


The big girl again... she has been giving Mumma's camera better smiles lately... take them while you can get them I say! ;)  I love the new My Mind's Eye Lost and Found 2 range of papers... I had to have them all... and they co-ordinate with so many Twiddleybitz pieces that I think it's a match made in heaven!  Just a few touches of Twiddleybitz here to finish it off... Nero Wrought Iron Mantle and just a small Flourish in the bottom left corner under the flowers.


I just had to add this one in... even Miss 9 loves to Twiddle... she chose all these products and put it together completely and all by herself with NO interruptions or suggestions from Mum! ;)  She simply inked the Fantasy Butterfly with a black Versa Color cube.  Those are some more contraband alphas there... did I mention I needed more alphas? ;)  I personally love the lead pencil ruled line under the title to keep it "straight"... too cute. ;)


OK... last project for me.  I completed this mini album for Tomorrow's Memories as a shop sample for the Webster's Pages Let's Celebrate Range.  I have included a double page for each of her birthdays up to age 18.  It started out as a quick "just throw something together" project but it ended up bigger than Ben Hur and I used heaps of Twiddleybitz to complete it.  You could adapt this project to suit any theme but it would make a great GIFT (I am nothing if not subtle!) for a first birthday present for someone special. ;) 

I heat embossed the title word... 


I also painted the back of the title word white so it looked nicer seen through the transparent cover.  I heat embossed the baby basics.


Mmmmmmmmmmmm... no Twiddleybitz here??? Will have to fix that when I get it back! ;)


I must have missed taking a photo of the 2nd Birthday page. :'(

Just a painted heart on this page.


These mushrooms and the fairy have all been heat embossed.  It was a bit fiddly doing different colours (you just need to mask off each section with a piece of paper as you do each colour) but they turned out really well I think.  Click on the photo for a larger image to see the details.


I covered this banner with left over scraps... a bit fiddly to sand the edges... but I think it looks cute. ;)


More heat embossing on the cupcakes... they almost look good enough to eat IRL! ;)


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Twiddleybitz-less again... I think I am out of hearts too Mrs Twiddley! ;)


Heat embossing on the musical notes. ;)


I painted this section of banner and added some doodling with a black pen.  Don't be afraid to cut your Twiddleybitz down to the size you need.


More pages yet to be Twiddley-fied for extra birthdays yet to come. ;)





Most of my recent projects / LOs on this blog have Twiddleybitz on them so please feel free to have a look around... I have a page devoted to Twiddleybitz here and of course my ning gallery too.

Thank you so much for stopping by... I also have a prize pack to giveaway...  to be in the running please follow my blog and leave me a comment... I'd LOVE to hear what you do when you ruin a LO / project... Do you chuck a tantie?  Throw the lot in the bin?  Pull all the "good stuff" off and start again?  Or just keep throwing good product / time after bad like me????!!!!! ;)  I have heard there have been a few issues with not being able to comment on some of the blogs... if you are having trouble with mine please copy and paste this link below directly into your browser and see if that helps...


if not... let me know on Facebook. ;)  

Also... if you are heading off to the Paper Crafts Festival in Penrith today we also have more prizes on offer... check out the ning (scroll down on the Home Page under the picture of Lucile Ball) to see how you can win Twiddleybitz just for stopping by the Twiddleybitz booth and saying hello. ;)



Keep checking back on the Twiddleybitz (Chipboard & Craft) Facebook page too... tag yourself in the picture of Lucille Ball for another chance to win. ;)

NEXT STOP ON THE HOP IS... drum roll please...  LISA KAMPHUIS' BLOG  at 3pm AEDST...

Sandra has listed it as AEST but they are on Daylight Savings Time at the moment... if you get lost along the way... check the schedule here. ;)  

Happy hopping... hope you are all having fun and thanks again for stopping by and don't forget to ask your local stores to get Twiddleybitz in stock... it really is a fabulous product! ;)

43 comments:

Kathie said...

Hello lovely lady....you may hate that project....BUT I LOVE IT!! Its awesome with some great ideas to just beautiful....
Infact I love all your creations and your daughters page is pretty special to...what a GIFT she has for scrapping...
thanks for sharing
Kathie
xoxo

Jodee said...

I love the project you hate as well. I never thought of peeling layers apart GENIUS!!! When a LO isn't going to plan I put it aside and go back to it a few days later and look at it with fresh eyes. I have a folder full of unfinished LO's :/

pauline_y3 said...

Hi Ann-Marie, its good to know that I am not the only one with big ideas which don't quite make it to fruition. But that's the great thing about crafting, there are no mistakes and as long as we like it ourselves nothing else matters. Thanks for the great ideas.

Pauline said...

Your daughter obviously gets her gift for scrapping from her mum! I really love all of your projects. Depending on the mistake I have made I usually peel off all salvagable items and try to start again (If it is really bad) or I put it aside for a day or two and come back to it for more inspiration.

gumgully said...

hey Anne-Marie - love your blog hop post. I too love your 'mucked up' creations! You're one brave girl, when I have an oops I usually get a whopping big flower and put it over the top!!! Cheers, hope all is well with you, Chrissy

Kaye said...

I love your layouts and your album is just divine You certainly have a GIFT for your work. Thank you so much for sharing withus.

Anonymous said...

Hi AM,
I just put the page in the album and move on...lol, life's too short and the kids still like to look. Love your work.
Sherie
ree70@hotmail.com

Robin Garrett said...

Thank you for sharing you creations, love the birthday book. Thanks also for the tips of using twiddleybitz to stamp and mask, fantastic idea. I usually pull my disasters apart and start again. Or I cut the backgrounds down and use the good parts on ATC's.

Bridget said...

Your work is beautiful. If I booboo a layout etc, I put it aside until my blood pressure has returned to normal BUT I do not "allow" myself to start a new project until any unfinished projects are done. That way I do not build up a PILE of incomplete things.

Baggles said...

I am loving you r work, If i stuff up a LO I usually pull it apart and start again it usually ends up better than the one I stuffed up lol

Lara said...

Hi Anne-Marie, Luv your work and when I can't get it to work a stiff drink makes it all better for me!!! You certainly have a GIFT to be able to still produce such great work after all these years :-)

Kylie M Powell said...

Im Flipping Love your mistakes experimentation page!!!, Its Rocks, You certainly have the GIFT( for Craft and the GIFT of the gab) Well done Anne Marie Cox , im very proud of you :-) xoxoxo

Kylie M Powell said...

Oh and i usally put my stuff up pages in an album that no ones gets to see lol xoxox

Kayla Renee said...

I love your pages AM. They are awesome :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi AM - gorgeous work as usual. Love the mini book.I hope Mr and Mrs T send you GIFT of alphas soon - can't you running out of stash (yeh right not going to happen) Judie Willoughby

chrisste said...

I love your work, the stamping with cogs is very very clever I think you have a GIFT (lol). I like you just keep pouring time and more product into a LO gone bad, usually it works out in the end :)

gypsylcm said...

Lovely projects. My layouts with mistakes on get buried or covered over

KarenB said...

Fabulous projects, and thanks so much for sharing even the ones you aren't happy with. I usually bury mine in a 'work in progress' pizza box and revisit sometime (or not).

HarmonySweetpea said...

Wow, so much awesomeness in this post! When I stuff up a layout, I usually just try and make it the best I can despite the disaster and then move on to something that works better lol

Karen McLauchlan said...

Gorgeous work AM, thanks so much for sharing your amazing creations with us all, mwah Karen M xox

Geraldine Pasinati said...

Your amzing talent is truely a gift!!!!!!!! Your creations are just perfection.(there's some ideas in here too for me to scraplift...count on that!)

De said...

Love all your work.... the book would make a gorgeous GIFT

Ange said...

What amazingly stunning examples you have shown us today. You truly have a rare gift. You are an inspiration.

Ange said...

What amazingly stunning examples you have shown us today. You truly have a rare gift. You are an inspiration.

tracey henly said...

oh you friggin crack me up. they are awesome i love the first layout step back from it a while i am sure you will see its beauty like the rest of us

Midnightscrapper said...

You are not the only one who gets frustrated over something in your head not making it out on paper as you had hoped. I offend put lo's aside and then come back to them, 9/10 I stuff them up even more but just every now and a again I hit the nail on the head. I love making GIFTs for my family and friends. Right I am going to go have another look on your blog and join your folowing. Thanks for the share

Kirsten said...

your layouts are lovely, we are often too hard on our own work. like you, often i have an idea in my head which doesnt turn out when i start fiddling with it. if things go wrong while im doin a LO, I just keep adding stuff.
Kirsten

michelle said...

hi
i get grumpy when i stuff something up & if im able to fix it i will but if not i pull off whatever i can save & either start again or give up for the day!! lol
thanks for sharing your pages!!
www.mylifeasawannabescrapper.blogspot.com

busseltonpph said...

Ann-Marie . . . at first I thought your talent was your incredibly diverse imagination, then I thought you had a real gift for techniques, but now however, I think your extraordinary flair is your prolific output.

How can you possibly have 5 children and still produce so much incredible artwork? Wonder Woman pales in comparison :)

Pascale B. said...

I love the tutorial,i will give it a try a soon as possible. Your work is amazing , it will give me some ideas :)

SillyMama said...

Your album is amazing - what a great gift it would make. And thank you for the tip on making chipboard into stamps - thanks again :)

LisaL79 said...

geez i wish my stuff ups looked that good!

Scrapping Down a Lane said...

I couldn't get to your page...silly facebook. I adore your work, it is darn well fantastic xxx

peewee said...

Your work is fantastic the book would make a great GIFT.

CreativSpirit said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work, If I am having a creative block, I just keep working it until I am happy with it.

Gabrielle Tenney said...

Thanks for sharing, you are so talented!

Charmaine said...

If I do a LO that I dont like, I generally put it in the 'Work in Progress" pile and come back to it after a few weeks. If still no appeal then i pull apart and redo, sometimes I just need to "alter" a part of the LO :)

Jo Kinder said...

I love that you show us your 'imperfect' LO's AM
however I think you are your own worst critic!! that LO totally ROK's!! ok!!???!!
Oh and that Mini album - friggen awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Yillup said...

Stop doubting yourself! Those LOs are all gorgeous, and in scrapbooking, it really IS the thought that counts. In 20 years time our kids won't be showing our grnadkids our albums saying "now see this LO here, the colours aren't really balanced and your grandmother really sucked at keeping that bit straight", they'll be gushing over the memories we've saved for them and the time and effort that went in to making them special.

With that in mind, if I create something that I know is just not right, I just let it go, pop it in the album and hope my grandkids really AREN'T picky... LOLOL

Trudi Harrison said...

Oh My Goodness you have been far too hard yourself - the layout in question totally ROCKS as does all your wonderful creations.

Rachel Smith said...

Hi Ann-Marie, love your work, sometimes I rework a project I am not happy with & sometimes I just start over, unfortunately I am a bit of a perfectionist so spend way too much time getting it just right!

Kerri said...

Beautiful work and very inspiring!
If i make a boo boo I try to make it part of the layout! As I love distressing etc I can usually hide it! lol!!!

Anita Tillman said...

Ah you made me have a good giggle reading through your post,, I am just in love with that birthday book - what a great idea! Love your layouts - even the first one! When I make a boo boo, I usually chuck a tanty (using as many terrible words as I can think of); soldier on through it but then end up binning it and starting again! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creations!! Anita xox