Sunday, 15 May 2011

Yeah, I know long time, no blog...

I just don't know where the time has gone.  I know I say it every year... but seriously the last few months have flown by in a rush...  
  • Back to school...
  • The little darlings all had birthdays... I am now the mother of a 19 year old, a 9 year old, a 6 year old and the boys are two already...
  • New job for husband dearest... 
  • We have already had one dose of the coughs and snots... 
  • We added a puppy to the equation... now we really are the whole circus catastrophe! ;)   
  • AND the cat is still around.
  • I did The Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (I only lost 4kg but I am on the right track at least) and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone wanting to get back in control...
  • Easter was pretty quiet but we had some nice down time together as a family... hence I only lost 4kg! ;) 


Scrap wise I have done stuff all!  Although I DID take part on a auction to help raise money for Relay for Life with Julie Heard... I PROMISE to post photos of that piece VERY soon... ssssssssshhhhh don't tell Heardy but it's not 100% finished yet... eeeeeepppp. :/


Other than that I do have SOME news to share which was a little bit exciting...  now bear in mind that I am just a digi wanna be... 


A few weeks ago I was browsing the upcoming Scrapbook & Papercraft Expo & Convention website and came across the Express Yourself and WIN competition.  Of course it was too late to enter a traditional "real" paper LO... 


So, using mostly the Choc Mint pack, a freebie (from some time back) from the lovely Louise Williams, my own "one little word" stamp in the background and a date stamp from Katie Pertiet, I set about creating a LO with the theme being "scrap yourself".  If you click on the image it will open up big enough for you to read the journaling.




I liked it... so I sent it in... and I got picked in the Top 9.  Visitors to the expo will vote for their favourite layout and, at the end of the event, there will be one winner and one runner-up in each category. If you are going along to the show please stop by and vote for your favourite LO in each category...  hopefully it's mine! ;)


Anyway, I have to go... afore mentioned husband dearest is doing a lamb roast... his NEW family tradition is doing Sunday Roasts when he is home... and it smells gooooooooooood! ;)


Thanks for stopping by my sorely neglected blog.  I will try not to leave it so long between posts from now on... and I will do some scrapping to share soon.


Happiness to you and yours.

4 comments:

Louise Williams said...

wow you've been busy!! love the layout and fingers crossed for you for the voting!! xx

aussiescrapper said...

Oh how wonderful you are back, I totally relate to how time is just flying....and to be fair you do have a few more in your family to be mum too, congrats on getting in the top 9 for your layout, I love it, wow you are no more a digi amateur now....this is beautiful. Oh and congrats on the new four legged addition. Nate fell off his bike this week and cracked a tooth so hospital in another couple of weeks and I say, thank goodness it is only 1 I have to worry about, you are a great mum....enjoy the lamb roast. Melx

Martha Richardson said...

Love this LO...another idea to add to my ever growing list!

Anthea said...

Love it AM!!! congratulations on making the top 9!!!