Sunday, 5 December 2010

18 years...

of wedded bliss... plus 5 years before that (boy/girl next door, childhood sweethearts and all that jazz)... we have been together since we were 15.  Well, maybe it isn't ALWAYS blissful... but then I always prefered the roller to the coaster merry-go-round. ;)

We have had plenty of trials and tribulations along the way but thankfully more than outweighed with success and happiness... and the best five kids anyone could ever ask for.  Thank you for all that you are and all that you give... I love you.  Even if you can be a gigantic PITA sometimes... I love you.  Even when you drive me insane.... I love you.  Really and truly and madly and deeply.  I am so blessed to be sharing this journey of our lives with you, my life, my love, my forever and for always.  I love you.

This is my favourite wedding photo... the reason I am laughing like that is Aaron is saying something rude about the wine we are drinking.  Look at the look on his face.  It was 40° that day, I was sick with the 'flu and an awful sinus infection, Aaron was hung over from his buck's night (the night before if you don't mind!) and that wine tasted disgusting!  I will never forget it... but despite all that this photo captures the joy of our day perfectly.  Thanks to my wonderful cousin George who took our wedding photos.  It's kind of symbolic of our lives I reckon... no matter how bad things get and how crappy the wine tastes we still have each other and something to laugh about.  Just perfect. 


Joe Satriani's Always With Me Always With You was our song.  We took ages to find just the right one.  Then, sitting in our lounge room listen to the album (Surfing with the Alien) one day, Aaron said, "What about this one?"  Then we checked the track title... yep, there's another sign.  Perfect.

  


Bradley was 10 months old when we got married...  he is a dead ringer for the two little boys in this photo. We did everything back to front.  Moved in together and had a baby... then brought a house... then went on a honeymoon... then got married... he still owes me an engagement ring!   BUT seriously he asked me to marry him when we were 15... on one knee and all... I told him to get up and stop being stupid! ;)  He was obviously more in tune with his heart than I was at that age... but I am really glad it never put him off! ;)




Just look at us now... I love you more than ever my darling.  Here's to the next 18.



I hope you and yours are feeling as happy and fulfilled as I am today.

3 comments:

lexie said...

A huge congratz to you both may you have many more happy years together
My hubby and I were childhood sweet hearts and we are coming up for 33 years next march

Tiff Sawyer said...

OMG AM, you really know how to pull at the heartstrings young lady. What a beautiful tribute to a lasting and loving relationship, there aren't many love stories as good as that one my dear. And OMG again, your song is one of my all time favourites, so, so beautiful, have a wonderful day and night and thanks for sharing your story I thouroughly enjoyed it xx.

Vicki Cowan said...

Thanks for sharing your story with us all...Happy Anniversary to you both! xx