Friday, 26 November 2010

Have YOU scrapped YOUR boy yet????

Can you believe the end of November is upon us already?  Have you done your pages for the latest challenge over at Scrap the Boys?  Get them linked by the end of the month to be in the running for some fabulous prizes.  Here's what I came up with...   I keep saying I like simple (a la Leanne Stamatellos) but I just never seem to be able to actually do it (and actually like the result)... this time I think I succeeded for once.



I haven't been getting much scrapping done lately... I know I sound like a broken record but if I have one more dose of sick kids I swear I am booking myself into Graylands!  Time and the lack thereof is ALWAYS an issue in our house but lately it seems even worse.  Seriously, what the hell is going on?  I feel like I am in a time warp... school is about to end; babies are getting to be, well, not such babies anymore; the girls seem to be turning into teenagers before my eyes; the house STILL looks like a bomb hit it; I STILL haven't lost any weight and I have brought all of 2, count them 2, Christmas presents!!!  The proverbial chook with its head cut off has nothing on me I tell ya! ;)

I do have some secret Twiddleybitz business coming up VERY soon (actually, hoping it is waiting in the mailbox for me as I type)... some exciting new designs in the works... all to be revealed soon... so please come check back in the next few weeks.

We are also planning a Twiddleybitz Day at Tomorrow's Memories for the Old Perth Road Markets on the 19th December 2010.  I will be there all day so please stop by to say hello (you know I hate being a Nigel No-Friends!) and stay to have a play.... we are doing Christmas decorations and gift tags demos and make and takes in the morning.  Then I will also be teaching a Christmas Themed Lay Out (designed specifically so you can add your photo later if you wish) in the afternoon... please contact Tomorrow's Memories on (08) 9279 2183 to book your place for the LO.  It's going to be a great day with discounted Twiddleybitz and a few other surprises (think prize draws!) planned... hope we see you there.

The Tomorrow's Memories ladies have also got the most FABULOUS Facebook giveaway planned too... so sssssssssssssssshhhhh don't tell them I told you... but watch this space in the next week or so for details of your chance to win something special.

Last week I played Parent Helper for Dylan's Pre-Primary class.  We had an absolutely ball painting and decorating Christmas Angel and Reindeer Christmas Tree Decorations and finishing off Baubles.  I was really impressed with their ability and designs and we didn't end up with THAT much paint on their uniforms! ;)  The end results were heaps better than I thought... seems my little girl ain't so little anymore.  The concept that she is in grade 1 next year still eludes me I'm afraid.  All my babies are growing up way too fast!

At lunch time it was too hot to go outside to play so we all started watching Toy Story 3... there wasn't enough time to see the whole thing... but I had brought the DVD and it was supposed to be for the girls for Christmas... well, needless to say I couldn't wait to see the end.  We watched it that same afternoon and I bawled!  You see, you have to understand, I am NOT a crier (normally)...  AND that when we saw the very first Toy Story my oldest boy was only 3 years old and has, just like Andy, grown up now.  I think he had a bit of a tear in his eye too by the end... I told him he had to go play with his toys one last time... he said, "I can give them to the babies now Mum."  That made me bawl some more.   There was just so much meaning to this movie for me... being that I have one who is all grown up, two right in the middle and two little ones.  Made me feel happy and sad and excited for the future and nostalgic for the past all at once... the time just flies by far too quickly doesn't it?  I am so proud of the young man you have become mate... but jeez I miss that little boy you were... arggggggggggghhh there I go again with the tears... this time of year ALWAYS makes me emotional.  Luckily I have kids who ALL let their mother cuddle them still and a young man who we taught how to say "I love you too" without feeling weirded out... even if he DOES hate having his photo taken!



Love you mate. ;)

Well, I just had a knock on the door and the Parcel Post man just brought me an amazing parcel of Twiddly fun so please come back soon and see what it was... thanks for stopping by... best wishes to you and yours.

2 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

love this page ... soooo cool and a gorgeous pic.. hugs x

aussiescrapper said...

Loved reading yoru post today, I loved Toy Story 3 also and had a teary eye myself, I bought it for Nate for Christmas too, but just had to bring it out beforehand. I will do the bloghop, love the inspiration. Hope all is well your end. Love everything you do. Melxx