Saturday, 2 October 2010

More twiddling to share...

I hated this LO when I first did it... HATED it! So much so in fact that I took it to the Twiddleybitz Trade Show recently and left it in my bag... and didn't give it to Mrs TBZ for the display.

I very nearly pulled it apart... but I left it a few days then sat down and worked out what was not working... it was the photo... I had the same print but in colour... so I changed it to a sepia version... and now I think I like it! ;)

Bit OCD I know... but some LOs do that to me... and I can't sleep until I get it right! ;)

This one of Austin was the Splatter Proof class I taught at Tomorrow's Memories recently... you splatter the paint (I used Making Memories Scrapbook Colors™ acrylic paints) onto the page with a drinking straw then heat it (gently at first then on high) with a heat gun just as if you were melting embossing powder and it POPS!  It makes a cool sound and puffs up giving a very cool texture and appearance.


This is one I did for Tomorrow's Memories AGES ago (I took the photo just before the twins were born while I was getting everything organised for their arrival) but can't for the life of me remember if I shared it or not... so I am. Baby clothes on my line again... Who'd have thunk it? ;)  Especially when you read this! ;)




We are having lots of lazy, pyjama days at the moment... I love the school holidays... BUT I have 101 unfinished projects on the go and not enough time or mojo to get them all done.  Slowly but surely I will get there... luckily for me those that matter are patient! ;)

Happy holidays to you and yours... before you know it Christmas will be here... who is getting organised?  Not me for one! ;)

7 comments:

amanda hall said...

your layout is great AM. So glad you didn't pull it to bits. I agree that a colour photo may not have worked so well - the sepia one looks absolutely perfect.

I am the same with pages -- gotta get them right ;-)

Vicki Cowan said...

Love the christmas layout....can you bring it into the shop with you on Monday please to show Jo??? See you soon...vicki

Octamom said...

Love these layouts! Beautiful!

Enjoyed 'meeting' you over at my place--how fun is it that several us were having 'Mini-Series Reminiscence Day'~~ maybe we should make up our own official holiday! Ha!

Blessings!

Louise Williams said...

hahaha you're as OCD as I am then, I can't leave stuff that's bugging me like that either. Gorgeous layout and have to laugh at your puff paint thingy too, I found that out as a happy accident and love doing it too!! man I wish we could scrap together... we'd be popping! :D

suzitee said...

I laughed at your post about "no more babies"...our lives unfold in unexpected ways sometimes!

Tanya Tahir said...

it's a gorgeous layout - the sepia photo looks perfect to me :) The paint splatters look awesome and I love the one with the baby clothes too. It's funny how life pans out sometimes isn't it?

BrigitteG said...

Gorrrrgeous LOs here again !!
heating up pain ? what a great idea to give dimention !!