Friday, 4 June 2010

Soooooooooooooooooooooo... here's my BIG news

I am so excited!!! 

I have finally taken the big step of actually TEACHING a class!!!!  

Here is a little sneak peak... though I am quite partial to the term "exclusive viewing" myself... even if it does sound pretentious!  ;)  


I'll be showing several simple but effective techniques to create a textured, weathered look in beautiful natural colour tones.  We'll have a play with crackle paint, rub 'n' buff, crackle medium, distressing, inking, stamping, Glimmermist, masking... basically lots of mess and fun and a few unusual embellishments to finish it off with!

Here's all the details:
Simply Natural Layout

Date: Saturday 26 June
Time: 1pm-3pm
Cost: $21.50
Where: 31 Old Perth Road, Bassendean, WA, 6054

Telephone: (08) 9279 2183

You can see all the details here also at Tomorrow's Memories.

Vicki, Jo and Clori at Tomorrow's Memories asked me to join their amazing team and I AM!!!  Can you see my head swelling from there?  I'm not surprised, I have to tell you I am more than just a little thrilled at the whole prospect of being able to say, "I teach scrapping at Tomorrow's Memories".  I mean have YOU SEEN the chicks they have on their teaching / design team... and they want ME to be a part of it???   Totally, completely thrilled!  I have been doing DT stuff for them for a while now but actually teaching????  My dream job!  Thanks so much chickies for the wonderful opportunity and for encouraging me to take this step.  

Am I excited? Oh, just a little bit!!! ;) (read: EXTREMELY).  Organised?  Sure am.  Nervous?  HELL YEAH!  BUT ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT TO GET STARTED...   So please, pretty please come book in and play with me so I don't look like a Nigel No-Friends!!!!

7 comments:

Vicki Cowan said...

We are just as excited as you to have you teaching at TM's!!! So many people comment on your beautiful DT work and now we can offer them a class with you as well. There already are bookings for your layout class...so you definitely wont be a Nigel No-Friends!!!! See you tomorrow for the big play-date!!!!

Amaco said...

Nice to hear you'll be using the AMACO Rub 'n Buff in your class. I'd be happy to post photos of the results on our Twitter and Facebook. email me at bfinch@amaco.com

Rebecca Beattie said...

I am sure the girls over there are thrilled to be able to attend you class! It looks divine from the sneak peak :) Wish I could come :(

Mistra Hoolahan said...

Was wonderful to meet you IRL on Saturday!

I know just how you feel with the jump into teaching at TM's... I'm positive I had each and every one of your thoughts there LOL!! I'm sure you'll rock and your LO you are teaching is DELISH!!

Mis xo

Francine said...

wow you are such a busy woman and the twins are nearly oner..time sure does flyt!! loved reading your day to day life happenings very entertaining!!

Tracey said...

I have seen this layout in real life and its just amazing. I am sure you will do a great job teaching.
love me :-)

Scrapping Down a Lane said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh Sorry but I live half a world away or I would be in like Flynn!!!

Youw will be wonderful and I love your sneak peek! :):):)