Wednesday, 20 January 2010

Step AWAY from the Twiddleybitz Floating Frame...



I spent a couple of hours last night fiddling about with this and was sort of happy with how it turned out by about 2am... but not over the moon with it IYKWIM?  (You can click oin the image to make it bigger... but I look a bit scary so I made it smaller!)




So I got up this morning and had a bit more of a fiddle... and, just as I suspected, I am definitely a "more is more" kinda gal it would seem! Everything looks better with rubons, don't you think? But then again I really do need to just leave well enough alone sometimes.  I ended up using the Twiddleybitz Floating Frame back-to-front as I wanted to use it like a shadow box so I could do the 3D effect BEHIND the "glass" to hopefully eliminate at least some of the dust it is sure to collect in my house!  I mean with the perspex towards the front not the back if that makes sense... it will when you see them IRL...  it works fine either way, except I will now have to drill a hole in the back or attach a hanging kit to hang it on the wall.

If I had it to do over again I would have liked to get a better photo of me and DH... though THAT photo is my scrapper's Holy Grail at the moment too... just wish I fitted in the shot better so my head / hair didn't get "chopped" on the left... it would have looked nicer if I was all there... hahahahaha get it? All there? I crack myself up... ok sorry bad joke I know... did I mention I didn't got to bed until after 2am and then was up again at 7am?



Anyway, so not quite the disaster that was the Curly Christmas Tree... though I DID start off with a whole different idea for this frame but it wouldn't work... and suffice to say I did not throw good time after bad this time round (lesson learned on afore mentioned tree) and the mess was relegated to the bottom of the bin... shamelessly and with no regrets... it was $1.85 piece of paper that I am sure I can either (a) live without or (b) buy again if I ever see it on the shelves... or so I will keep telling myself until I stop rocking back and forth sucking my thumb! What is this weird OCD compulsion I have about "wasting" patterned paper? Get a GRIP woman!

So then I decided I'd go with a similar design (the birds and branch and flower) to one that I have used before (and still love) so it would be all nice and matchy-matchy in my bedroom one day when they are finished with it at Tomorrow's Memories who incidentally have the new release Twiddleybitz stock in store now. I did manage to get Liquid Scrap Dots all over myself and kill a pack of Prima rubons in the process... BUT that was not the big disaster I had first envisioned... it actually turned out pretty good... you see what happened was as I was pulling them out of the pack the backing sheet pulled out but the actual rubons sheet stayed stuck in the clear plastic sleeve... so I rubbed them all completely onto the packaging and then just cut them out... now I can use them like overlays / transparencies... which sort of suits my "shuffle things around for four days before you commit to actually adhering anything" style.  So, now I had this great idea and actually applied a few of the rubons to Hambly Transparencies (a clear piece of scrap) and then I could attach it where ever I wanted and with pop dots if I wanted a bit of dimension.  Presto!  OK... I know everyone else has probably figured out that trick ages ago... but I thought I was being clever and resourceful so just let me live in my bubble ok?

Well, I can hear my two littlest darlings waking up for their lunch... hope you and yours are well and gearing up for the new school term... it will be here before we know it!

9 comments:

Jilly Geraghty-Groves said...

Gorgeous!!!!

lkamphuis said...

I love it and the colours are fabulous

Hetty Hall said...

It is glorious AM - do not change a thing!!

Vicki Cowan said...

Looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it IRL. Vicki

Louise said...

Freaking Fab girl!

Linda said...

Wowza - this is awesome! I LURRRRRVE the tree branch :)

Linda said...

hahaha...to answer your question you left on my blog - the LO is actually titled STRAY (not stay) shooting archery - as he had arrows flying in all directions...eeeek!

kathie said...

Hahaha, you are wonderful. I love it just the way you finished it up. Don't change it. I laughed so hard about the rubons - I hate those sticky little things! they go everywhere but where they're supposed to. Good save though!

Nicole said...

ahhhh girl, freaking rocks.

sooo yummy, and I'm glad I'm not the only one staying up til god only knows what time in the morning.

xx