Friday, 13 November 2009

The blackest of BLACK FRIDAYS...

ok... I am taking a deep breath and trying not to completely lose it here... but it seems disaster has indeed struck me this Black Friday the 13th. The problem with the previous post (and not being able to upload photos) was in fact just a symptom of a deeper problem. MY BRAND NEW EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE HAS DIED... taking with it all my photos from 2008 and 2009. Did I back up I hear you ask? THAT WAS THE !@#$ING BACK UP and my originals died along wioth my PC just a little while ago... teach me for being smug and thinking I was ok because I had this new flash-dangle huge 1TB new external hard drive!!!!! Back up your back up people... from now on I am printing as I go... technology HATES me!!!! Remember that kid who freaked out about his Mum deleting his WoW account... I am about to have a major meltdown... sans TV remote control I promise... but meltdown none the less...

3 comments:

Wendy Smith said...

that sucks BIG TIME. Good luck with retreaval attempts!

Sar said...

I've had friends this has happened to, take your computer and hard drive to a pro and they should be able to salvage them!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed.... xoxo

Rebecca Beattie said...

OH SHIT!! I would crap myself! I just put all of Austin's first 6 months photos on a DVD... I must back up more often! Did you loose the ones of your precious little boys?