Thursday, 4 September 2008

WOW! What a week{end}!

OK so just a quickie with some too exciting news! Friday night we went out for dinner with a great bunch of friends and had a great night. PIL had the girls for the night. Then Saturday we went out to their house as it was MIL's birthday... had another lovely night BUT looks like I am just not cut out for two late nights and I ended up rather ill. I didn't really have all that much to drink (though I have always said I am a cheap date and two drinks is more than enough for me!) so I think I must have picked up a bit of a stomach bug... which DH seems to be suffering from now. :( So anyway, Sunday I was a bit of a wipe out... BUT I WON Embellished IDOL 2008! Mel & Co. (I wish I could remember who else Mel said was there... sorry chickies!) rang to scream a LOUD congratulations down the phone :) so that cheered me up and made me feel heaps better! Thanks and a big MWAH to all you wonderful chickies... and thanks to absolutely everyone who was involved in IDOL this year. I reckon the work was OUTSTANDING this year, so to have won amongst this amazing bunch of chickies was just too awesome... ok, ok... I promise not to let my head grow TOO big! LOL ;) Thanks everyone for your votes, your comments and your support and a HUGE, heartfelt thanks to Ali and the *e* girls for running such a great competition again this year. OH and HUGE thanks too to the sponsors... Hey, I ain't too proud to admit those prizes are going to be welcome at my house! LOL ;) NOW... this morning I get DD off to school and get home to the phone ringing... OMFREAKIN'GAWDFATHER!!!! Cass Bellemore is ringing ME! Yes! ME!!!!!!! I made the TOP 50 Masters LIST!!!! I have to say it is shaping up to be some very tough competition... and I am so pleased to see Mel Connell's name is on it too!!!! Actually the whole list is looking rather FINE I reckon... yep, I shall keep my SM subscription this year! LOL ;) I guess now the REAL waiting begins! HOW EXCITEMENT!!!!!! ;) OK... I have to go to the post office now! hehehehhe ;) Lots of love to you and yours...

18 comments:

Scrapping Butterfly Creations said...

Woooohooo your the idol....wow babe...I am so not surprised you work is just devine congrats to you.....also just letting you know you been tagged....lol and a huge CONGRATS to you for making the top50 for Masters as well......

Crazymumm said...

told you so..... It is your year sweet A.M xxx enjoy xxx

Coops said...

Congratulations AM. You deserve it.

Felicity said...

GO AM!!!! That is amazing... no need to doubt yourself...
PS your LO at scrapworld rocks too!!!!
Hope your feeling better....
Felicity x

Louise said...

FREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKING FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS!!!!

WTG ON BOTH ACCOUNTS YOU FAB CREATIVE!!!!

Lou :) xox

Ann Lederhose said...

Hey, cool news about the Idol! Very deserved. And as for that phone call! Wooo hoooo You're rocking the scrap world girly! :D

Tammy said...

Hey girl you are on a roll! I know for sure I will see your name in the masters mag :)

Michelle Jamieson said...

Wooohoooo...how exciting!!
Fantastic news about Masters!!

Congratulations girl...I can see you in the Top 10 already!! :)

Chelle Xx

Julie said...

Wow what a weekend for some great news Missy AM. Congrats.

Jo Kay said...

Congrats Anne-Marie, you deserve all this good news!!
See you tomorrow or Saturday.
Jo :)

Vicki said...

You are on a roll!! Fantastic news about the Top 50...good luck!! See you soon...Vicki

Princess Tamara said...

Congrats on both bits of exciting news!!

Sares said...

AM I didn't know about Idol - just ignore the other email I just sent!LOL - CONGRATS CHOOK! You definitely deserved every bit of that win and I am so happy for you. And congrats too about the Masters Top 50 - you;re on a roll woman!
Sares x

Linda said...

Big congrats on winning idol! All your LO's were outstanding! There was alot of tuff competition...so you've done really well!

And good luck with Masters...I'm sure you'll do well there too!

silvercat said...

OMG what wonderful new!!!.....huge, huge, huge CONGRATS to you!!!!!

Sar said...

OMG, look how many comments you've got!! Congrats on the idol win babe, and good luck for the Master! Cheers, Sar

Aussie Pub Calls said...

Congrats and well deserved your work is awesome!

becspicer said...

Congratulations.!!!