Thursday, 4 September 2008

oh and don't forget...

Scrap the Girls... the lovely other Mel asked me to do the challenge for STG... I hope you will play along. Hey chickies, I am so stoked to be taking part in the STG Blog challenge for September and I hope you will all play along.

My favourite thing at the moment is using HEAPS of different textures, materials and mediums all thrown together on a LO. I am definitely a MORE is BETTER girl!!! ;) I also really like to use embellishments that add to the story I am trying to convey or hold some significant / symbolic meaning on the LO.

So... my challenge is: get a little bit of everything onto your next LO.

Include at least one example of each (and every one) of the following elements: plastic; metal; chippie; cardstock; patterned paper; stickers; journaling spots / cards / stamps / stickers; felt / fabric; string; lace; ink; paint; sanding; distressing; tearing; tape; staples; bling; buttons and brads! That's a lot of elements to include I know but it's easier than you might first imagine.

I know my "sunshine" sample here is of my littlest darling... but given that September is for Father's Day... I would love to see some LOs of YOUR Little Princess with her Daddy or Poppy or Uncle or even her Big Brother... just call it an optional EXTRA requirement.

Just in case you were wondering, for the background of my "sunshine" I have used core-dinations cardstock... folded into thirds and put through my Cuttlebug in an embossing folder (Floral Fantasy) one end at a time, then heavily sanded and distressed it. I thought I was rather clever working out how to do this and I love the end result. I wasn't a huge fan of the core-dinations cs before... but now I am HOOKED! ;) I also popped some acetate in the same Cuttlebug folder and then hand cut out the leaves I wanted. Then I put a precut cb flower through in the same folder, being sure it was positioned in just the right place to get the image I wanted. Finally, I also put the actual photo itself through (on a bit of angle) and sanded and inked it as well.

Have fun... hope you enjoy this challenge as much as I enjoyed setting it!

19 comments:

Tammy said...

Gorgeous page AM what a challenge you have set :) Off to check out the blog.

Ali Russell said...

Congrats AM!!
Welcome to the Team Chickee!!
Cannot wait to get working with you!!
Great news on Masters!!
Ali x

suzitee said...

Hi there!
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment...it had me a little freaked at first I must admit! Who was this person who wanted to meet me IRL?????LOL
Now that I have visited you (and scrolled down the page a little :) I have worked it all out!
Welcome to the team at Tomorrows Memories! I'll look forward to meeting you sooner rather than later xxx
Cheers
Susan

Ruby Claire. said...

GUUUURLLLL you are **AMAZINKKK*
Your work is outstanding! i LURVE the challenge you created! VERRYY NOOIIICE!
CONGRATS On the Emnbellished idol winning! YOU totally deserved it!!
AND SM top 50 Masters!! WHOOP you go GUUURLL!
x

Tracey said...

Congrats on winning embellished idol, your work was stunning. Great news about the Masters, good luck. And a big welcome to the design team for Tomorrow's Memories, you will be a great asset and can't wait to get working with you. I love having fresh ideas around me, it keeps me inspired and I thank you.
Tracey :-)

Mel Connell said...

Loving the grren and yellow, can't pull that off myself, but love it.

Look at us go chicky!!! You totally rock!!!

Kwik-Kliks, Kim's Scrapbooking said...

Great layout, I love it! Huge congrats on the Masters top 50 that is so AWESOME!
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog btw! :-))

AGA said...

Way to go Binx!!!! I just knew you would win Idol, and am totally not surprised to see you in the top 50 too...I think you are one super talented and amazing chick Anne-Marie :) and very deserving of all the fabulous things coming your way!!!
Aga xx

Wendy Smith said...

gorgeous example for the blog STG

and I have just noticed I am a blog link on yours...WOW thanks

You ROCK AM!

Kathleen said...

Just stunning! Love the layering, so much dimension, and the colours are fabulous!

Kat
(newbie to SBM forum!)

phatassphairy said...

Am ...i have just tagged you ...go to my blog and check it out ....

AGA said...

Hi Anne-Marie.... Where U at girl ??????
Aga xx

Sonya Thair said...

Welcome to DT at TMs. Sorry its taken me this long and its great to have you onboard. I love your work look forward to being able to pick up anything new you want to throw my way.

Can't wait to see you and chat again it liked that we got to meet in person first.

Loving this layout its stunning and congrats on the Masters.

See ya soon.

Sonya
xx

Susan Longman said...

So I have done your challenge and boy was it a challenge don't usually do as much on a layout...will be sending it off to Me tomorrow ...loved your page ...

Hetty Hall said...

Wow Am you have been busy and your layouts are gorgeous as ever, have been a big fan of your work for a long time now. Have been meaning to stop by and say a huge congrats on Masters, you are so going to be one of the top ten this year. Congrats also on the idol and your new DT possie, you certainly are on a roll this year, good for you chicky!!!
Hugs
Hetty xx

Crazymumm said...

Awesome as per usual AM love the colours and a beautiful subject (photo)..... you must be super busy have not seen you at SBM for yonks... hope all is well with you chicky xxx

Natalia.B said...

gorgeous page! love the mix of flowers.. and I can't agree more, the more the better, I follow that!

Natalia.B said...

gorgeous page! love the mix of flowers.. and I can't agree more, the more the better, I follow that!

kayla renee macaulay said...

hi AM
just wanted to leave a message and see if you are ok?
it's been so long since you updated your blog

Hugs
Kayla ReneƩ