Tuesday, 22 July 2008

can't sleep...

... so I might as well blog!
Thank you everyone who voted for me last week... I GOT THROUGH TO ROUND #3 OF IDOL! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
This week we have to create our entry using something other than 12x12 paper as our base... in other words an OTP or "off the page" project which incorporates a life motto. I know EXACTLY what I am going to do... hope it turns out as wonderful as the picture in my head!
I have a couple of LOs to share... more that I did for Melissa (who is now one of the Creative Artists at the Black Magic Challenge Blog).
This first one I will probably get killed for putting up but too bad... it is my DH and his younger brother using just a few strips of BG Boxer. I love this paper... but then again I LOVE everything BG does!
These are the Scenic Route Salem papers... these papers TOTALLY ROCK. Don't make the mistake of dismissing them because they are Halloween themed... I promise you can do heaps more with them. This is my DS (now 16) in year 1 with his two best friends.
This LO is the story of a little black cat called Binxcat... and as it turns out very heavily inspired by Kim Ogden. I hate the paint btw... got too carried away when I tried to get a spatter effect... should have left well enough alone... but oh well.
This is one of my favourite photos ever...
Thanks for looking... please check back Friday for my latest IDOL attempt.

6 comments:

Coops said...

I don't know much about this stuff. Do you frame them or are they like pages in a book?

Ali said...

oh WOW!! i love these layouts binxy!! the halloween ones are TERRIFIC! :) :) so gorgeous. i love your stuff!

Michelle Jamieson said...

Beautiful layouts, AM!!
Looking forward to seeing your Embellished masterpiece for this round! ;)

Chelle Xx

Mel x said...

Love them all AM!!!!
By the way I tagged you over on my blog :-)))
Mel xx

Linda said...

Wow, super awesome LO's.....Love them all ! Best of luck with the next round of IDOL...looking forward to seeing what you create! :)

Julie said...

Way to go on getting to the next round AM! Goodluck with the next ones as well.
Love the layouts here chicky - gorgeous stuff.

chat soon
Julie xx