Friday, 30 May 2008

Just call me a lab rat...

... I thrive under pressure!  LOL Give me a deadline and I will put it off until the very last minute but I DID get this one finished in time... phew!!

I have a diary... or a journal... or maybe a art journal... I don't know what you'd call it... but it's my "Dark Diary"... for all my not so happy thoughts / feelings / opinion / attitudes.   It's for me... but hey, I am an exhibitionist and I don't mind sharing... even the UGLY stuff.  When DD#2 saw this altered photo of me (and YES that is my own eye) she sort of hid behind my back and said, "You look scary Mummy!" in a terrified little voice.  LOL  Too cute!

Anyway, as soon as I heard the John Butler song "Good Reason" I felt like screaming... "but hey, I DO have a good reason to think my life is so hard and I feel like shit right now... so Mr Butler YOU my friend can stick it right where it fits... yeah, you know where I'm talking... where the sun don't shine mate!"  

So I thought I'd take the opportunity for a bit of Scrap therapy and get my feelings down on paper.  The bottom line of my journalling reads... "Quite frankly Mr Butler, I DON'T give a damn!"  as in I really couldn't give a rat's fat arse if I'm bugging you... I feel like feeling sorry for myself.

I DO realise being negative is a rather futile pursuit, hence the "trying not to be so one eyed" title.  But yeah, ... I'm indulging in a bit of self pity.  Don't worry though I'm not totally depressed and I know we will get through this... but just for the time being at least... I'm going to feel a little sorry for us... we are broken hearted and I am allowed to have a whinge about it I reckon.

Oh, the Queen of Spades... I am always telling everyone else to look at the good things they have and not to focus on the negatives in their lives...  and I like to think I "call a spade a spade".  So here's to telling it like it is!  Can you see the irony here? LOL ;)

I really wanted to get some REAL cogs to put on this but couldn't be stuffed (mmmm... there's a recurring theme here I think!) driving 1/2 an hour to Bunnings to find some... mind you after all the searching on the 'net and cutting them out, it probably would have been quicker to jump in the car and drive there! 

OK, sorry for the essay...



My three items of inspiration are:
  1. the little one-eyed dude on the unicycle
  2. the lyrics
  3. the cogs 
  4. the black scrolls
  5. the back ground colour scheme
  6. the industrial theme
OK, so maybe that is MORE than 3! LOL

It's a bit hard to see in the pic but I have "commented" on the lyrics... along the lines of:

"I went, I stepped outside, I saw what's shaking... and I don't like the real world".

Thanks for the inspiration Renae.  The Aussie Scrap Music Blog ROCKS... looking forward to next month chickie.

Just editing to say... mmmm... that pic SUCKS... I shrunk it down too much... way too small to see any of the journalling.  I will be back later to fix it... gotta go get DD from school.


8 comments:

Peg said...

AWESOME! totally love what you did with this challenge!

Nicole said...

OHHHHHH how utterly fabulous, love this and the other two pages below too, although at a quick glance I thought it said 'Swing Bitch'. LOL. how so crazy.

The colours are fantastic, been missing your glorious work.

Thanks for the inspiration chick

loves ya

Nicxx

Julie said...

Wowser AM this is just devine love it

Maz said...

WOW WOW WOW AM. A new fave for me. Love your honesty. So frank and open and REAL!

I must say i LOVE that song - gives me some perspective i guess..

Hey - i will be doing the weekend class with vivian in August with you :)

YEAH!

Maz xx

scrapwitch said...

do you know how freakin brilliant you are....????????????really
magnificant,totally suberb.
i too have missed seeing your lush work girlfriend...truely you are a totally inspirational person AM ..
glad to see you back into it ...you gotta love a dead line ..i just through together a canvas in a couple of hours for a 12 o'clock party...heheheheeh..
i agree with maz..i really love how open and literal you are ,
that eye...oh that eye...
and i do want to say how jealous i am that i dont live in WA,cause you all have the most delish styles.AND you get to do Vivians Classes...i wonder if she is coming to NSW anytime soon..suss her out for me....ploise

Crazymumm said...

OMG........ what a take on the music clip (ohhhhhh yes) your rocked this one xxx And I so agree life at times kicks you when your down and you should be able to say take a hike at times.... but as long as you remain sane (well within reason) x0x0 happy scrapping it is nice to have you back xxx

Suzi said...

Thanks for commenting on my LO over at aussie scrap music. Yeah I can see what you were talking about with the similar themes. Although this is very different.
It's just fantastic. I love it!!

Suzi

Gizmo said...

WOWSERS!!!
That is just unreal....:)