Wednesday, 23 April 2008

Where do I start?

What a roller coaster the last few weeks has been for my family.  As most of you already know my BIL was readmitted to hospital and passed away from a chest infection two weeks ago... I can't believe it's already 2 weeks ago.  He had lymphoma but his doctor was still very confident that the cancer itself was treatable... sadly for us the chest infection that he developed as a result of the chemo was not.  
He was only 37.  It is just so wrong. 
 
My sister is distraught but coping as well as can be expected.  It's the girls (they are only 12 and 6) I am really heartbroken about... every time I think of them growing up without their Dad just sets me off again.  It's so unfair, he was such a great Dad to them.  I mean a REALLY great Dad... I know all fathers love their kids but he wasn't just interested he was involved.  They were his world and he theirs.   I know everyone says it but he REALLY was the most lovely person and so full of life... its seems inconceiveable that he is gone.   I just don't know if any of us will ever be the same without him.
It all still seems totally unreal to us... but we are just taking one day at a time.  I sincerely appreciate all the kind words of condolence and support I have received from all my wonderful friends.  (Maz the flowers were just perfect... you are naughty but I LOVED them.)  I am not calling you "scrapbooking" friends anymore because I think you guys are so much more than that and I am blessed to know you all.
Anyway, sorry for the downer... I have decided (and I am determined) to smile every time I think of Daryl... starting NOW!
My other news is the Scrap World shop is closing down... BUT on a happier note Mel is having a HUGE sale... now THAT is something to smile about... get a bargain chickies but be quick... I have bought out half the shop!!!  It's all 10-80% off... NEW and GOOD stuff too!!!!  The forum and blog will be staying put though so do pop in and have a  chat... and it's not too late to join in the Calendar Girls Competition.  
To be eligible for the monthly prizes you need to have your LO uploaded to the gallery by the 15th of the month...  the GRAND FINAL & RUNNER UP prizes will be awarded in January of 2009!  To be in the running you need to have ALL 12 layouts loaded into appropriate galleries at Scrapworld by the 15th of January 2009.  (i.e. even if you have missed the deadline for the past few months you can still play catch up and be in the running for the GRAND FINAL & RUNNER UP PRIZES... how cool is that?)
So who is going to sign up for Masters this year?  I am toying with the idea... but that whole OTP thing scares the bejeezers outta me! LOL  I was going to do the FK Awards for Excellence thing... but with the mag changing I have no idea if they are still running the comp or not... anybody?
Oh and I just found out about this new challenge blog.  Looks like it's going to be a blast... I'm in... you?

11 comments:

Maz said...

You know my heart goes out to you all..

And sending the flowers was the least I could do. Glad you like them :)

Maz
xx

Anthea said...

oh AM, my thoughts are with you and your family, losing a loved one isnt easy or nice, HUGS to you and your family

Donna said...

Hi Anne Marie - I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your Brother in law - probably more aptly called your brother... I hope you and your family all find joy in the happy memories you have of this wonderful man. When your life slows down a bit you must stop in for a cuppa here in Gero one day - I'd love to meet you! Loads of peace my dear, X Donna

Nicole said...

Terrible loss for you and your family. I'm so sorry for you all.

You have my details if you need anything.

xx

Nicxx

Melissa said...

You know I'm thinking of you hun!
Let me know when you are back from Gero and we'll catch up for a coffee.

Make sure you look after yourself too!
X

Louise said...

OOh AM my heart goes out to you and Yours!!!!!!

Much Squeeazy love, Lou xxxx

Julie said...

Have been thinking of you for the last couple of weeks Anne-marie ... my heart goes out to you all.

Take care and call out anytime you need an ear.

Julie xx

Michelle Jamieson said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved BIL. Thinking of you all at this very sad time.
{{{{{{Big Cyber hugs}}}}}} to you all!!

Peg said...

found you through the new Scrap music blog, what a terrible tragedy for your family!
I am so sorry, I know there is nothing I can say or do to help, life just totally sucks sometimes and it's a major slap in the face that the world doesn't stop turning, eh!
My thoughts are with you, will send a prayer out for the girls and your sister. Take comfort in each other, things will be happy again one day.
(((((hug)))))
Peg

Crazymumm said...

Hello AM... here to wish you a happy Mothers day sweet xxxx

and a big cyber hug xxx hang in there it is best to remember the good times as that is what Daryl would want xxx

Hugs Lucy/Crazy xxx

scrapwitch said...

hi ANNE MARIE...I was thinking of you and your family today..and your sister too....i lost my dad when i was very young,almost 4 (and my step father when i was 13)and i can relate a little to what you may be feeling ,i wanted to say that im thinking of you and that this time..a few weeks on. are some of the hardest times for your sister...so im sending her some loving protective energy to get her thru this very hard time ..
loving warm hugs to you too babe.