Monday, 19 November 2007

Shit, shit, shit... this SUX!

So it turns out the lymphoma has returned. We don't do the crying and hugging thing in our family so we joke instead... but I could see my sister was scared. I am too. It sure makes you re-evaluate. When my DH had his accident (almost 6 years ago now he came off his motor bike, dislocated his right elbow, severed the bracchial (sp?) artery and almost bled to death. He suffered nerve damage that took over 18 months to repair itself... oh and just to make it all that much more exciting I was 33 weeks pregnant with DD#1!) I can remember going through all the "what if?" scenarios. I heard once that you use up courage. I hope that's not true. I hope you build up courage and make yourself stronger and more able to deal with life's trials and tribulations. My way of thinking is if I just give these thoughts a moment's attention I will be better prepared to cope. I'd rather deal with "worst case scenarios" and be pleasantly suprised than go merrily unaware and be dealt a terrible, devastating blow. I figure I will worry for them... then they can focus on the positive... then we have all bases covered. Fuzzy logic? Or perhaps the ramblings of a delusional mind? Probably... but hey, it works for me.

3 comments:

me said...

Oh Anne-Marie,
I am so sorry to hear this.Thinking of your family and praying for healing for your BIL.
Take care
Ali x

Louise said...

{{{HUG}}} to you and yours

Lou x

Nicole said...

oh hun. I'm sorry about your BIL, thinking of you and your family at this time.

Nicxx

BTW I'm a joker not a cryer too.