Friday, 26 October 2007

Did you ever have one of "those" days?

I did.... TWICE! Yesterday I woke up to the most revolting mucky, glued-together, "oooooooo yuk, get the hell away from me you contagious creature" red eye! Yep, I have conjunctivitis... how repulsive... so I couldn't get a doctor's appointment out here in the nether regions (I swear I live in the sickliest neighbourhood... the doctor's surgery is always booked out for weeks... I think I might just start pre booking monthly appoinments!!!!)... so today I went further a field and managed to get to see the doctor so I could tell HIM what was wrong with me and pay him $60!!!! I know I should be grateful that I have eyes TO get conjunctivitis in... but seriously I am ready to pull them from their sockets and burn them!!!! OK, sorry for the revolting graphics but I am in a bad way... and yeah, I'm gonna whinge about it! I feel like we have been sick for MONTHS and I am OVER IT! Everytime I think, "finally, we are getting better"... BAM something else hits us... it's not like we are normally this bad... just this last few months have been awful. Then to top it off, while driving home, little Miss D vomits all over the car (that DH had kindly shampooed and Amour All'd)... then she waited until 1 minute before we go to pick up Miss C from school and disgraced herself from the other end (I know she is only little but she has been the easiest of all my kids to toilet train and has been brilliant over the last few weeks so sort of wasn't expecting it)... poor baby... but of course then I was late to pick her sister up!!! So yeah, the day wasn't that great... BUT then I headed over to SM and remembered Maz and her partner and how lucky I am that Miss D was only car sick... thinking of you both chickie. On another count-your-blessings type note; I got an email today about wearing red on Fridays as a sign of support to our troops serving overseas... and those that don't come home. Did anyone else get it? Are you going to wear red tomorrow (well today?)... I am. Sorry I still don't have any cool pics to share... but I will soon I promise... I bought a new desk for my scrap room, from IKEA of course!! It has taken me the rest of the evening to get everything out of here, put the blessed thing together... (man, if you have the $$$$$ pay the man the money and get him to put it togther... I can hardly walk and my hands hurt!!!)... and then finally get everything back in here!!!! LOL Anyway, at least I am starting to get this chaos into some semblance of order. I also bought heaps of cute little jars for buttons and stuff... looks like a lolly shop with all the pretties on display! hehehehe The rest of the house looks like a cyclone has been through it... but that's pretty normal! Here's to a better tomorrow...

1 comment:

Tammy Templeton said...

I'm sorry to hear that your girlies are sick :( I hope they improve soon. Also bicarb of soda is good to get rid of terrible smells. Sprinkle it on, wait a few hours and then vacuum off. It's supposed to absorb the odor.
Your desk sounded like fun. These things remind me of adult Meccanno LMAO, and the jars with the buttons sound yummy!
Take care
xTammy
PS I think you can buy conjunctivitis medication over the counter and don't need a doctors appointment but check with the pharmacist.